How to apply for Medicare
Applying for Medicare is quick and easy! You can sign up for Medicare in about 10 minutes by calling Aetna at 1-855-399-5206.
Not sure if you’re ready to start receiving your monthly Social Security benefits? No problem. You can enroll just in Medicare and wait to apply for your retirement benefits (or your spousal benefits) later.
Apply for Medicare in 3 simple steps:
- Call 1-855-399-5206 to speak with a licensed Aetna Medicare agent
- Answer some questions about your health care needs
- Fill out the Medicare application form with help from your agent
You can also apply:
- Online—visit the Social Security Administration’s official website
- By phone—call the Social Security Administration directly at 1-800-772-1213 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday (or if you’re deaf or hard of hearing, you can call via TTY text telephone device at 1-800-325-0778)
- In person—stop by your local Social Security office